Days become shorter and nights longer during the winter period, we also spend more time indoors while being less outside and we feel more drawn to comfortable blankets, hot chocolates and a “heavier” diet that warms our body. Oh, and there is as well enjoyment in the holiday meals…
We know that in the end, all this together can affect our weight and cause bad mood or even impaired health.
We all really wish to feel energetic and cheerful, with strengthened immunity and to be protected from viral and bacterial infections.
A simple solution that enables us to have both are activities and time spend in nature. Staying physically active during winter is very important. In addition, you will find it easier to adapt to cold if you stay physically active,you will maintain good condition and be prepared for spring.
Therefore, we recommend some of the following activities that also strengthen immunity:
– The healing power of nature walks – experts believe that just 25 minutes of walking every day continuously for two months is enough to get results. So, start now during your stay in our Camping Plitvice.
– Exploring, observing natural sights and connecting with nature are some of the additional values offered by us because we are surrounded by natural beauty and located near the National Park of Plitvice Lakes which winter fairy-tale face should be definitely seen first-hand.
– Birding is a popular term and discipline that means observing birds in their natural environment. Being patient, learning to silence the mind, observing and listening (different birdsong) awakens in us the qualities that we may have neglected due to overuse of the technology we are surrounded by on a daily basis.
– Hiking is good not only for the scene of nature beauty, but also because of its benefit for cardiovascular system.
– Running or exercising in winter (outdoors) will definitely bring you the most benefits. In our camp you can exercise in the so-called outdoor gyms or basketball court. In addition, there is a big offer of adrenaline activities of our partners. Guaranteed fun for the whole family!
So be sure to include children, other family members or friends in outdoor activities as the benefits apply to everyone. Achieve these 12 benefits at the same time:
1. FILL UP ON FRESH AIR
Fresh outdoor air is much healthier for us and our lungs than heated and dry indoor. In addition, many harmful microorganisms and allergens cannot survive at lower temperatures.
2. DIGITAL DETOXIFICATION
External activities also allow us to get away from all that electronics that surround us, to calm the mind and reset.
3. BETTER PRODUCTION OF VITAMIN D IS ENABLED
Spending time in daylight stimulates the production of vitamin D which protects the body from many diseases, including cancer.
4. BETTER REMOVAL OF TOXINS FROM THE BODY
In addition to strengthening the lung capacity due to colder air when staying outside, we activate our natural pump – the lymphatic system which is responsible for exchanging harmful substances and eliminating toxins from the body.
5. ACTIVATED METABOLISM
It also better activates metabolism. This is definitely a good thing if we consider indulging ourselves in hot chocolate and holiday delicacies.
6. WEIGHT IS LOST FASTER
Fat cells are also activated to increase body heat, so in other words kilograms are melted. And if the very thought of winter or cold reminds you of shivering, know that this burns up to 5 times more calories than when we are still.
7. CIRCULATORY SYSTEM IS STRENGTHENED
Cold stimulates the narrowing of peripheral blood vessels and accelerates blood flow through the body, which actually strengthens the heart and circulatory system, as well as regulates blood pressure.
8. REDUCED STRESS
In addition to eliminating toxins from the body faster and more efficiently, we enable our nervous system to release stress more easily with outdoor activities.
9. IMPROVED MOOD
There is no more winter blues because physical activities (especially in daylight) stimulate the release of brain chemicals such as serotonin or dopamine that have an anti-stress effect and lift the mood.
10. WE BOOST ENERGY LEVEL
A simple walk will activate your body which will thus produce more energy.
11. INCREASED CONCENTRATION AND IMPROVED MEMORY
Due to increased blood flow and better oxygen supply, studies show that staying outdoors improves cognitive functions, memory and attention span by more than 20% (after just an hour of interacting with nature).
12. ENCOURAGING HEALTHY HABITS IN CHILDREN
It is known that children who spend more time outdoors have increased problem-solving skills or creative thinking.
Book your accommodation now in our luxury mobile homes during the winter and spend winter holidays with us, because time spent in nature is no wasted time at all.